Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Just Don't Get It...

Jack Dunphy (a pseudonym, not to be confused with the late playwright) had a brilliant article at Pajamas Media on the the reasonability of Officer Crowley's behavior.

Color me ignorant, but I just don't get it; does Henry Louis Gates actually believe that he would have been treated differently if he were white? Dunphy points out in some detail just why Crowley was justified in his concern. Crowley did not stop Gates because Gates was black. There was a 911 call involved, and when police are dispatched with information from a 911 call, an emergency must be presumed.

Gates sounds to me like a whiny petulant little child. I'm not about to paint with a broad brush, but he sure makes a lousy amabassador for his race.

No comments:

Post a Comment