Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Protesting Fun




Earlier tonight, I was able attend a health care townhall meeting that took place right here in my hometown. I stayed for about the first twenty minutes of the meeting itself, and I was not surprised at all to find that the whole purpose of the round-table Q&A seemed to be AARP propaganda.


I had the most fun snapping pictures of the people protesting outside the fine arts center on the local college campus, where the meeting was taking place.




The gentleman above had information about a townhall meeting being conducted by Senator John Thune in my hometown later this week.



And this is a closeup of the flier he was holding.


And of course not everyone at the meeting, or protesting outside, was necessarily of age to belong to the AARP.
I will blog some more, and possibly cinch or even do a show after John Thune's townhall on Thursday. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for covering all of us protestors! Yes, we had a nice time. Keloland said we were "more peaceful" than they've seen elsewhere. Just shows you--we are nice people "up our way." See you tomorrow. --Cindy, the lady in yellow

    ReplyDelete