Thursday, June 17, 2010

Life Vests?!

The perfect is the enemy of the good. Government is the enemy of anything better than mediocre.

I mean, come on! Oil skimming ships with veteran professional crews were stopped so they could be checked for life vests! I believe that BP has done everything they could do under some very difficult circumstances which were necessitated by hundreds of *reams* of government regulations, but every time I see a story like this, I dig in the conservative trenches a little bit deeper.

I'm more than happy to concede that Obama might have personally had little or nothing to do with stopping those ships, but that doesn't make me feel any better about government's role in all this.  We're talking about layer-upon-layer of hellaciously mind-numbing bureaucracy, barely able to handle the day-to-day running of the country -- let alone a major disaster.


Good luck, Louisiana.  Good luck, Governor Jindal.  You'll all need it down there.

H/T to hotair.com and ABC News.

No comments:

Post a Comment